If you are:
- 65 years or Over,
- a child aged 2-3 as at 31.08.2020
- Live with someone who’s at high risk of coronavirus (on the NHS shielded patient list) or you expect to be with them on most days over winter
- Receive a carer’s allowance, or you are the main carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
- Obese (with BMI>40),
- Or suffer from asthma, diabetes or immunosuppression, have a heart, kidney or lung condition, have suffered a stroke or transient ischemic attack,
- Health and social care staff employed by a registered residential care/nursing home or registered domiciliary care provider and health and care staff employed by a voluntary managed hospice provider
- With the additional risk of severe consequences of COVID to our Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) patients, it is particularly important that you take up this flu vaccination offer this season if you fall into one of the eligible patient groups listed above
You are considered at greater risk from flu and the implications can be serious.
The demand for vaccination this year will be extremely high so please ensure you book your appointment and reserve your vaccine.
- Appointments are available on Saturday 26th September and Sunday 27th September – 08:30-17:00.
- Strictly appointments only – now walk ins.
Flu vaccination is available to our eligible patients every year at the surgery to help protect them against flu and its complications.
Due to COVID, we are expecting greatly increased demand for flu vaccinations in the coming months, and with the COVID threat, it is our absolute priority to help our patients stay fit and healthy during the coming winter months. We would like to take this opportunity to reassure you that the surgery has measures in place to ensure that our patients feel safe when attending for their appointments. To ensure that we are able to maintain social distancing we ask that when you attend for your appointment you arrive at the appointed time you have been given, and that you wear a facemask or covering. All of our staff will be wearing PPE and will be signposting you where to go when you arrive.
Those eligible patients who are over 65 or those who are in the at risk category due to a long-term health condition, will be able to book their appointment online or by contacting the surgery from Tuesday 8th September 2020.
Take action today and book your flu appointment!
You can book online, or by calling the surgery
Following the recent Government announcement that the flu vaccination will be expanded to include patients aged 50-64, we await further guidance. Once vaccination of the most ‘at-risk’ groups is underway, the Department of Health and Social Care will work with GP Practices to open the programme further to invite eligible patients. We will be pleased to offer these vaccinations too at the surgery, as soon as the rules are known.