Clinics and Services
In addition to GP Consultations the Practice offers a wide range of clinics and healthcare services;
- Heart Disease
- NHS health check
- HRT & Menopause
- Asthma – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a asthma review please use this form.
- COPD – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a COPD assessment please use this form.
- Contraception – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a contraceptive pill review please use this form.
- Cervical Smear
- Travel Advice and Vaccinations – For further information on our travel services please visit our Travel Room.
- Smoking Cessation – If you have been advised by the surgery to submit a smoking review on a regular basis please use this form.
- Other services
- Flu Clinics – for further information on our Flu Clinic dates please see our information page.
- Scrivens – available for hearing tests.
Please visit our Consulting Room to make an appointment with one of our Nurses.
Sexual Health Services
Our Services offered;
- Intrauterine devices (IUDs or coils) (registered practice patients and unregistered Birmingham patients)
- Contraceptive implants (registered practice patients and unregistered Birmingham patients)
- Contraception advice
- Prescribing of contraceptives
- Free condoms as part of a sexual health consultation (please contact for details)
- Advice about emergency hormonal contraception (EHC or “morning after pill”), and prescribing where appropriate
- Unplanned/unwanted pregnancy advice and referrals
- Free pregnancy testing advice
- STI advice – for further information, please visit Umbrella.
- Referrals for STI testing and treatment – for further information, please visit Umbrella.
- Booked appointments
Community midwives visit our Streetly surgery every other Thursday, and visit our Shady Lane Surgery every Thursday. For more information or to arrange an appointment with one of the midwives please contact our Streetly Surgery.
Child Health clinics are for the assessment of well children, weight checks and immunisations. Please do not ask for an ill child to be seen at these clinics. Our Child Health clinic runs every Wednesday morning from 11:00 at the Shady Lane Surgery.
We undertake minor surgery operations and wart treatment at the surgery. Please ask your doctor to find out whether this would be suitable for you.
Joint Injection Clinics
We will inject most joints if needed including tennis elbows and ganglions. Please ask your doctor to find out whether this would be suitable for you.
Every Wednesday the Shady Lane surgery has a Health Visitor will attend the practice. Our health visitor is a trained Nurse who is able to assist or advise the chronically ill or parents with very young children.
A Phlebotomist currently attends all sites.